Sunday, February 6, 2011

End of week four!

Four weeks of sabbatical have slipped by already! Last week was a precious week on vacation. You can read more on my other blog here about what I did and where we went. But, the main thing I would like to comment on here is the fact that I was present in our vacation. Present. Each and every day. One of my goals for this sabbatical is rest and relaxation. Mission accomplished last week. Soooo wonderful to take a break; albeit a short one.
Reading: One of my books on my sabbatical reading list has been Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. This book is one man’s mission to provide schools, meaning build schools, in some of the most remote and poorest areas of our world. A thoughtful book about navigating and learning about cultural diplomacy in a part of the world often overlooked. You can read more here. In some ways this book is illuminating to me as I move forward in making plans to work with teachers and youth in Namibia and South Africa. Much more coming about all of this.
TTFN, Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment