Monday, February 28, 2011

Relaxation!

Relaxation is the theme of this post. Over this past weekend, I realized that I am really digging into a relaxing pace for my sabbatical. I find myself being present in whatever is happening or going on around me and not constantly thinking about all that I have to do or attend to. It is lovely to go to the Children’s Museum with a couple of little boys and watch and interact with them as they play through the galleries. It is delightful to spend three or more hours making a carrot cake for a four-year-old birthday boy with two of my favorite girls in the world. It is pleasant to be in the moment at a little boy’s birthday party, enjoy his excitement and shenanigans and interact with other guests in a non-hurried manner. So, yes, I am getting good at relaxing. Finally. Overdue and about time. TTFN, Michele

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Michele. For some reason I didn't notice that you had another blog until today and here I am. I just read your post about your African trip, that you're reading "Three Cups of Tea" and writing your research papers. You are an interesting lady and obviously smart! I hope you don't mind if I follow you here, too. I'm working on a blog which I hope to have up and running in the near future called "Matrix Miracles." I love reading about quantum physics and all the interesting "new" science out there. I wish I had the smarts to really understand it, but it's good for the brain to at least try, isn't it? Have you read the book by Frances Mayes called "Under the Tuscan Sun?" It's not fiction and the movie based on the book was trash. The book is excellent Mayes is a prof at a University in CA (?) and her writing is delightful. Since you're resting a bit anyway, I thought I'd recommend it for some fun. I'll be back to visit again soon. Enjoy your time to relax and research.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete