Sunday, January 9, 2011

Eve of Sabbatical

Today I finished all the remaining tasks from fall semester related to my courses and students. I still have some more to organize in my office, but, I am on target to officially start my sabbatical on Monday, January 10, 2011. I cannot believe that I will have twelve months to focus on my 5Rs: rest, reading, recreation, research and ’riting!!!

One of my biggest fears about this leave is that it will slip away and when it is over I will look back and think: where did the time go? In an effort to provide me with a tangible record, I will post my incremental ruminations here. I have thought a lot about goals and setting some goals and targets, which I will begin to do in the next few days and weeks. Looming in two weeks is my first conference of the year where I will be presenting a paper for the first time with a student. Since that paper is only in outline form right now, I need to get moving so that it will be a presentable paper!

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by. Till next time. Michele

1 comment:

  1. The Michele I have come to know will look back at the end of her sabbatical and see how very much she accomplished:) But, I do think the time is going to fly by for you! Love the background you chose.

    ReplyDelete