Friday, August 31, 2018

Renewing


This is a blog of my ruminations of an incremental nature. It has already been several years since I posted on this blog, I intend to remedy that over the next year while I am on Academic sabbatical. I find it helpful to journal and reflect  of the nuances of my own being and living.  This year I hope to take a pause and really work on my own well-being not just the physical part but the  other aspects of a healthy being including social, emotional and resiliency well-being.  I have devoted way too much of the past forty years to work.  I am eager to start to figure out what might be next for me  as my workdays start to wann.

My body is also telling me that it is time to slow down and rest.  I have a very stubborn dejuvarex tenosintovitis.  That is a type of tendinitis that I have in my right wrist caused by overuse over many years of doing work and very intense work on a laptop.  It has flared up again so that now I am in a cast.  Purple cast.  I also  experienced a long summer of digestive malaise and discomfort.  All of my tests and even a CAT scan came back as normal,  which is it course and enormous relief. I feel the universe  within my body is speaking loudly that I’m overdoing it and I need to stop and really dig in to some respite.  Thus with the help of audio to text, I hope to do a little documentation of what I try to do to slow down and really put a period for now behind my internal mental to do list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment